Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pre-construction Meeting and Tentative Timeline

We had our pre-construction meeting on Thursday, June 13th.  I was the only one that could attend, so I had a massive list of questions compiled from my wife, my dad, my brother-in-law, and my research.

The meeting went very well, going through all of our options, the house layout, flood levels, and more. Between all the briefed items I had the chance to ask all of my questions. I had many of my outstanding (and they were outstanding) questions answered, with the majority being "good answers".

Our Project Manager seems to be very competent and flexible. We're putting in a deck later, so he is putting in the foundation where the deck supports will eventually go. He was also amenable to insulation before drywall. Thanks to other blogs for the tip.

The most important information I got from the meeting was our (tentative) timeline!

Our house should start construction tomorrow, 17 June. We are supposed to have our final walkthrough on September 10th, and settle on September 12th!

No comments:

Post a Comment